Recruitment of a Project Manager with Russian language for the Joint Technical Secretariat in Riga for terminated period
Estonia - Latvia - Russia Cross Border Cooperation Programme within ENPI 2007-2013 is looking for a Project Manager with Russian language for work at the Joint Technical Secretariat in Riga, Latvia for the period while employee is on maternity leave. The successful candidate will be expected to commence the work starting from end February / March 2014. The deadline for applying is Monday, 20 January, 2014.
Competitive advantages for this position are - knowledge of Russian and English, minimum two years practical experience of management of transnational and / or cross border EU programmes / projects, previous experience of working with TACIS, PHARE and EU (ERDF) funded Programmes / projects, previous experience of working with INTERREG Programmes / projects, awareness of the Baltic Sea Region policies, experience in cooperation projects / programmes, experience in analysing achieved results and indicators on Projects and Programme level.
Please see detailed Job description.
Full text of the Job announcement
Estonia-Latvia-Russia Cross Border Cooperation Programme
within European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument 2007-2013
is looking for the Project Manager
Estonia-Latvia-Russia Cross Border Cooperation Programme (Programme) has been developed by Estonia, Latvia and Russia and its strategic objective is to promote joint development activities for the improvement of the region's competitiveness by utilizing its potential and beneficial location in the cross roads between the European Union and the Russian Federation. Further information about the Programme is available on the web www.estlatrus.eu
To implement the Programme, the participating countries Estonia, Latvia and Russia have established a joint programme implementation structure - the Joint Managing Authority (JMA) consisting of Operational Management Section, Financial Management Section and Internal Audit Section (all located in the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Regional Development of the Republic of Latvia) and the Joint Technical Secretariat (JTS).
The JTS is hosted by the State Regional Development Agency of the Republic of Latvia (SRDA) (www.vraa.gov.lv) and has its office in Riga, Latvia. Furthermore, branch offices of the JTS are established in Estonia (Tartu) and Russia (St. Petersburg and Pskov).
The JTS team consists of fourteen international staff members: the Head of the JTS, five Project Managers, two Financial Managers, one Information Manager and a Programme Assistant, who are employed in the JTS in Riga, Latvia and four full time employees in the Branch Offices. All employees report directly to the Head of the JTS.
Position to be Recruited
Project Manager for work at the Joint Technical Secretariat Main Office in Riga, Latvia.
Duties of the Project Manager
• to cooperate with National Authorities of the Republic of Latvia, the Republic of Estonia and the Russian Federation regarding projects and Programme implementation issues;
• to establish and update procedures for the Programme and projects implementation (e.g. implementation, reporting, monitoring etc.);
• to support and inform beneficiaries and project managers about implementation of projects, implementation, reporting, budget and payment issues; organise seminars for beneficiaries and partners;
• to prepare reports and information about progress of projects and the Programme implementation to the JMA, the Joint Monitoring Committee (JMC) and the European Commission (EC);
• to take part in preparation of the JMC meetings and ensuring their proceedings; to prepare the JMC decisions and ensure their implementation; upon necessity prepare and ensure carrying out of written procedures for decision making;
• to monitor project implementation; review progress reports; requests for changes; contact project beneficiaries and project partners with clarification requests, provide advice; upon necessity, visit projects and monitor project activities on the spot;
• to cooperate with Project Managers, Financial Managers and Information Managers on project monitoring issues in their field of competence;
• to cooperate with institutions responsible for verification of expenditures in the Republic of Latvia, the Republic of Estonia and the Russian Federation;
• to ensure entering of all necessary project and the Programme related information in Programme management database; regularly update the Programme management database with latest information about projects;
• to assist with preparation and organisation of information events and measures, to prepare information for Programme web page, leaflets and other publications, to prepare presentations and other multi-media materials, etc.;
• to perform analysis in field of achieved results and indicators on project and Programme level
• to represent the Programme in other events and institutions;
• to carry out other tasks related to the Programme implementation entrusted by the Head of the JTS.
This position requires frequent travelling.
Required Qualification and Experience
• University Degree in the field of economics / business / public administration or equivalent
• excellent knowledge of Russian and English languages, both – oral and written; knowledge of Estonian or Latvian will be considered as advantage;
• very good knowledge of EU regional development policies and relevant legislation, in particular related to European Neighbourhood Policy, including Practical Guide to Contract Procedures for EC External Actions (PRAG) rules and European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument;
• awareness of the Baltic Sea Region policies, experience in cooperation projects / programmes will be considered as advantage;
• programme / project management skills;
• good writing, communication and presentation skills;
• ability to work in multi cultural environment;
• analytical skills;
• computer literacy;
• ability to work in a team and undertake leadership in coordinating the implementation of entrusted tasks with other team members;
• minimum two years practical experience of management of transnational and / or cross border EU programmes / projects, previous experience of working with TACIS, PHARE and EU (ERDF) funded Programmes / projects will be considered as an advantage;
• previous experience of working with INTERREG Programmes / projects will be considered as an advantage;
• experience with basic office management and administrative tasks.
Terms of Employment and Selection
The Project Manager will legally be employed under the Latvian Labour Law by the SRDA.
The employment is foreseen on a full-time basis (40 hours a week) in Riga, Latvia, for the period while employee is on maternity leave. The successful candidate will be expected to commence the work starting from end February / March 2014.
A competitive salary will be offered depending on the qualification and experience of the selected candidate.
How to apply?
Application, consisting of the CV and a motivation letter in English, shall be addressed to Ms Unda Ozolina, Head of the JTS, and sent via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for the submission of applications is 16:00, Monday 20 January 2014. (Riga time)
Pre-selected successful candidates will be invited for the interview in Riga, Latvia in February - 2014.
Selection will be done by the Joint Task Force for the JTS staff recruitment of the Programme comprising officials of the JMC from the Republic of Estonia, Republic of Latvia and the Russian Federation, the representatives of the JMA and the JTS.